31.5.10

restaurant noname

i sit in restaurant “noname” in the company of my fellow whities that this restaurant clearly caters to….finally humbling myself enough to realize that my thai vocabularly of about three shakily-pronounced words wasn’t enough to get by in the few authentic thai joints on my overwhelmingly touristy beach neighborhood. i realize that despite the thai girl staff, this is clearly an expat-owned bar –judging from the england football jersey hanging above the register. still, i seem to be the only english speaker. i receive equally blank stares when i say my sawadeekaahhhh as when i say eat? lunch? even the pervy old men sitting around me are speaking in a language i don’t recognize…



at least the place has a witty name –or lack of name-plus a steaming bowl of bomb curry that i've been gloriously living off of these past few days…

No comments:

Post a Comment